Additional breakfast tickets can be purchased for your visitors for just $15.00 each.
Wine & Cheese Hour
What better way to get ready for a night out or wind down from a day of fun than with a glass of wine? All Sweetwater guests are invited to attend our wine and cheese hour, served in the Cushman House every evening from 5-6 PM. Guests are encouraged take advantage of this social hour by enjoying complimentary glasses of wine, delicious cheese, and other treats as the sound of soft music is played throughout the common areas of the house.
Deposit & Cancellations
A $100 deposit is taken on all reservations at the time of reservation. This is a one-time, nonrefundable and non-transferable fee that will be applied to the balance of the guest’s reservation at check-in.
- If you cancel your room anytime after making the reservation, the $100 deposit will be forfeited.
- Weekday cancellations require a minimum of three days notice. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation.
- Weekend cancellations require a minimum of seven days notice. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation.
- Special event weekends (including University of Florida football games held in Gainesville, Graduation, Gator Nationals, and other special events) require a deposit. Payment for the balance will be processed in full two weeks before your date of arrival. One week before processing begins you will receive a reminder e-mail. You may cancel up to two weeks before your date of arrival, however, your deposit will be forfeited. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation. Please keep in mind that on the date of processing all reservations that fail to clear payments may be canceled without notice.
No smoking is permitted inside any of Sweetwater Branch Inn’s rooms. We ask that smokers enjoy their tobacco outside. Please locate smoker receptacles around the property. Smoking guests are requested to respect non-smoking guests. There will be a $250 fee assessed to guests who smoke in a room.
Recently, Sweetwater Branch Inn has been advised by the city of Gainsville fire marshall that we will not be allowed to light fires in our fireplaces anymore.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in is after 3:00 PM and Check-out is 11:00 AM. There is a $35 charge for late check-outs. The Sweetwater Branch Inn accepts checks, cash, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards. Prices do not include sales tax or county lodging tax. Reservations are strongly recommended. Office hours for check-ins are as follows: Monday-Saturday: 3-9 PM Sunday: 3-7 PM.
Unfortunately, we do not guarantee any early check-ins, but if you call ahead the office will be happy to lock away your belongings if you wish to drop them off early. If you anticipate that you will be arriving after the office closes, please let us know so that we can arrange a late check-in for you. If you are running late the day of, please give us a call and we will instruct you on what to do. Or, if you know in advance that you will be arriving late, we are happy to email you detailed instructions as well as a property map up to a week in advance!
We are a family-friendly inn! We welcome your children but ask that they are supervised. Currently, we have two high chairs in our dining room. Please provide your own crib.
While this is a pet-friendly property, it is our responsibility to ensure that all guest received consideration when pets are in the house. We have established a few policies and guidelines to keep all our guests happy and pleased with our services.
- Pets are accepted exclusively in our cottages, with the exception of the Honeymoon Cottage
- We require a $75 Non-Refundable Pet Fee for your pet(s)
- No more than two pets are allowed per room
- Dog crates are required to be provided by the guests and used while owners are away
- For more information, please contact our front desk at 352-373-6760