Welcome to Sweetwater Branch Inn
View Our Property and Accommodations
- Access to the Inn’s pool
- Central air conditioning/heat
- Private bath with claw-foot tub, or Jacuzzi tub and shower
- Piccadilly, Camelot and Julia’s rooms only have a walk-in shower
- Queen or King size beds
- Antique furnishings
- Writing desks with sitting chairs
- Private telephone
- Cable television
- Wireless High Speed Internet
- Ironing board and iron
- Blow dryer
- Coffee maker
- Noise diffusers
- Free local phone calls
- Many rooms have fireplaces
The Grounds of Sweetwater Inn
Sweetwater Branch Inn invites you to our beautiful property Located directly on University Avenue just minutes from the University of Florida and Shands Hospital and just blocks from hip Downtown Gainesville with fine dining, entertainment and nightlife. To better view our property, click on the map below or TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR.
Our grounds feature:
- winding brick paved pathways
- lush sculpted gardens
- 30 ft. eco-friendly in-ground salt pool and spa
- on-site bike rentals with nearby trails
- a gift shop in the lobby
- Koi Pond with fountain
- bubbling fountains and courtyard
- lush North Florida gardens
Located directly behind our Front Office and Pond, we offer a 30 ft. inground heated pool & spa. Our pool is eco-friendly and is a salt pool rather than highly cholorinated. Lounge chairs, umbrellas, and pool towels are available. So please feel free to bring a bathing suit and your favorite book and relax.
In the morning, you’ll awaken to the rich aroma of Sweetwater’s own blend of Sweetwater Organic coffee and a newspaper. Downstairs, a delicious full gourmet breakfast awaits you. The menu always includes a wide variety of choices from the Sweetwater’s famous french toast casserole and sweet crepes to savory choices such as cheesy vegetable frittatas, home fries, and meats including sausages, Canadian bacon, ham, and corned beef hash. Breakfast always includes fresh fruit and juice. Additional breakfast tickets can be purchased for your visitors for just $15.00 each.
Wine & Cheese Hour
All guests are invited to attend our wine and cheese hour served in the Cushman Colson House every evening from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Guests are encouraged to enjoy two complimentary glasses of wine, cheese, and other treats as the sound of soft music is played throughout the common areas of the house.
Deposit & Cancellations
A $100.00 deposit is taken on all reservations at the time of reservation. This is a one time, nonrefundable and non-transferable fee that will be applied to the balance of the guest’s reservation at check-in.
- If you cancel your room anytime after making the reservation, the $100.00 deposit will be forfeited.
- Weekday cancellations require a minimum of three days notice. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation.
- Weekend cancellations require a minimum of seven days notice. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation.
- Special event weekends (including University of Florida football games held in Gainesville, Graduation, Gator Nationals, and other special events) require a deposit. Payment for the balance will be processed in full two weeks before your date of arrival. One week before processing begins you will receive a reminder e-mail. You may cancel up to two weeks before your date of arrival however your deposit will be forfeited. After this time you will be held responsible for the full balance of your reservation. Please keep in mind that on the date of processing all reservations that fail to clear payments may be cancelled without notice.
No smoking is permitted inside any of Sweetwater Branch Inn’s beautiful rooms. We ask that smokers enjoy their tobacco outside on the veranda, the upstairs porch or in the garden. Smoking guests are requested to respect non-smoking guests. There will be a fee assessed to guests who smoke in a room.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check in is 3:00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m. There is a $35.00 charge for late check-outs. The Sweetwater Branch Inn accepts checks, cash, American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, and Discover® cards. Prices do not include sales tax or county lodging tax. Reservations are strongly recommended. Office hours for check-ins are as follows: Monday-Saturday: 3 pm – 9 pm Sunday: 3 pm – 7 pm Unfortunately we do not guarantee any early check-ins, but if you call ahead the office will be happy to lock away your belongings if you wish to drop them off early. If you anticipate that you will be arriving after the office closes, please let us know so that we can arrange a late check-in for you. If you are running late the day of, please give us a call and we will instruct you on what to do. Or, if you know in advance that you will be arriving late, we are happy to e-mail you detailed instructions as well as a property map up to a week in advance!
Children under the age of 6 It is our best hope to be a family friendly inn. We welcome your children but ask that they are consistently supervised to keep noise and activity to a minimum so as to avoid disturbing our other guests.
- Any damage, complaints or disruptive actions from children will be the full responsibility of the parent.
- Currently we have one high chair in our dining room. Seating is family style and may not be appropriate for toddlers and infants.
- Cribs are available for rental on premises, but their supply is limited, so please inquire at the time of reservation about their availability.
Thank you for your understanding.
No one likes to leave their best friend behind, and that’s why we are pleased to welcome your four-legged traveling companion. We thank you both for staying with us.
While this is a pet friendly property, it is our responsibility to ensure that all guest received consideration when pets are in house. We have established a few policies and guidelines to keep all our guests happy and pleased with our services.
- Pets are accepted exclusively in our cottages, with the exception of the Honeymoon Cottage.
- We require a $75 Non-Refundable Pet Fee for your pet(s).
- No more than two pets are allowed per room.
- For more information, please contact our front dest at 352-373-6760..
We take breakfast very seriously here at Sweetwater. Our delicious full homemade breakfasts are sure to satisfy your stomach. We are happy to accommodate any dietary needs or restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.) Just let us know in advance. Our hot buffet is always stocked with fresh baked delicacies.
Some of our sweeter dishes include:
- decadent french toast casseroles – berries and cream cheese, pumpkin cream, and apple cinnamon
- light orange cream crepes with raspberry melba sauce
- puff pancakes
- layered crepe pies
- cinnamon twists
Some of our more savory morsels include:
- cheesy vegetable frittatas
- buttery biscuits
- onion focaccia french toast
- creamy grits
- home fries
- scrambled eggs and omelets